From the perspective of her friends the Strong's

Sunday, August 4, 2013

July 29, 2013 - Pues, hola!

Mi familia y otras personas quien son familia tambien,
 
Esta semana fue muy maravillosa, pero la proxima semana...mucho mejor. Muy anima. Ok, no mas. Jaja. Our ward mission leader told us to forget that we even knew English. "Forget English. Forget you even know that language." Entonces, esta es mi meta, pero es muy frustrando para ustedes. Entonces, no mas. 
 
There was a baptism in the branch this week. That was a wonderful experience to witness. Hermana Peterson and I have created a Branch plan for member involvement. We took our plan to the Branch Mission Leader, and he is excited about it. Our branch consists of mostly recent converts, so I think they are really nervous about being a part of our lessons. But their testimonies are so beautiful, and they don't realize that they are everything in a lesson. Save the Spirit of course. So, the Zone leaders have asked me to be in charge of member present lessons. Our goal as a district is 50 member present lessons per week, and I am to consruct a plan that makes sure we reach that, without overlapping or over-using the branch members. I feel a little honored that they trust me with that responsibility.
 
I must say that I do love my mission. Every single day I love it even more. This is a sacred time in my life. And I love it.
 
Hermana Peterson is super great. Easiest companion ever. The Bonewell family is who we are living with. They have been housing missionaries for several years. Sis.Bonewell is the cutest and tells the world, "Those two are the busiest, hardest working missionaries. We never see them!" So yeah, we love her :)
 
I'm super attached at the hip to this branch. I am going to actually die when they ask me to leave. I'm convinced that they are the greatest people in the world.
 
 I got to have my first interview with President Taylor this week. Well, first of all, he is the greatest. When he asked if I had any questions, I told him, "Well President, what do you know about patience?" We had a great talk, and those words are invaluable to me. As he shook my hand, showing me out of his office, he said to me, "Hermana Patton, we've got some big plans for you." Yikes! I don't know what that means.
 
Sacrifice brings forth the blessings from heaven.
 
Love always,
Hermana Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment