From the perspective of her friends the Strong's

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 19, 2013 - A woo woo! haha Luci Macnair

I miss Aubrie! Can someone please tell her to write me!!????
Ok.
 
Dear family and friends,
 
It is zero degrees in this library and I can't feel my fingers, buutt that's alright. Okay haha, this week was so great. I need to calm down so that I can actually write about it nicely and reverently.
 
Ahhem.
 
I got to be a part of something very special as you know. Mara is now a member :) It is so exciting to see her faith grow. She is my example of courage and faith. She did it alone, save the help of her Savior. She's just incredible. It was a beautiful service. It was also the most stressful day of my life. Last minute we found out that there was going to be a stake youth dance the same time as the baptism! AAH! So we had to move it 20 minutes away, and just...lots of stuff happened. Plus you invite all of your investigators, and everyone you talk to all week..you can't move it! It was all hilarious now that I think about it. The Elders did some crazy things to salvage the night and make sure everything was perfect. Just picture 3 Elders running throught the mall trying to not look at anything they pass by, just trying to get to the copy center to make maps for everyone of the different location two hours before the service. Haha. Anyways, it turned out beautifully. Hermana Peterson and I were too focused on everything that needed to happen next that/ it was one of the first services we had seen, so we couldn't really hold an opinion. But everyone said that it was one of, if not the most spiritual and well put together services they had seen. So we could breathe after that. We jsut kept telling ourselves that Mara, Hermano Ruelas, and the witnesses were the only people who needed to be there. President and Sister Taylor and his counselors and their wives were in attendance. Just to give you a little taste of Mara's character, when Sister Taylor went to meet Mara and congratulate her, Sister Taylor explained who she was (serving as Mission Presidents), and Mara replied with, in very broken English, "No. We are here to serve you." That is Mara for you. No missionary helped her enter the waters of baptism. No sir, she is just incredible.
 
Oh, I am not getting moved. I will stay in Vancouver and be training a new missionary again! Yay! I am so happy to stay here. These members are family. Hermana Peterson will be going off to Argentina. I love my mission, yes I do. And I hope I come back as weird as can be!
 
Hermana Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment