From the perspective of her friends the Strong's

Friday, November 22, 2013

November 18, 2013 - A HODEE HO!

Where do I even start? And what do I even say!?? This place is incredible. The woman we are living with.. a dream. The ward is OUT OF CONTROL GOOD. It's as if the ward is being run by the First Presidency themselves. The lake is the center of town, and we live right next to it, so we just go on a little run by the lake every morning. No big deal. GASP, are you joking me?? Everyone is SO nice here. We're about an hour from the coast. My district includes..the best people. All of my favorite missionaries, including a senior couple, The Warrens, who are just off the wall. I am in an English district and an English zone now. We have a dog! Haha. Well, we have the basement all to ourselves, and Tammy's husband Mike lives in Newport,OR to take care of his mother. But he comes every weekend, and brings the dog, Obie. Obie is his best pal, it's just him and the dog up there. But he saw how much we loved him, so he left him for us for the week! I am back with Hermana Villalobos which means I have ceased wearing any of my own clothes. I don't want to go! I have a queen size bed. Come on. This place is ridiculous. If its not with family, I can't think of a better place to spend the holidays! Oh man, I'm going to die when I have to leave. I would be so, more than content staying here for the duration of my mission. That will not happen. Starting a group is the best!!!!! We are starting the group out of 3rd ward, but we cover the whole stake. It rains..pours, every day here. And I love it. Everyone is going to get baptized. Elder Cuas from the Dominican Republic serving English speaking found a few potentials for us to teach, but mostly we're on our own! Just building a teaching pool. It's awesome. This is the most fun I have had on my mission for sure. Building a group is just so exciting!! There is so much work to do, but at the same time, it feels like nothing because the ward is SO supportive, and I am doing this with one of my best friends! It doesn't get better than this, don't even try to talk me down from the tree. President Taylor knows I am in heaven. AHH. We have a brand new car...it's so nice. I'm like, so spoiled!! Oh my goodness, think of the missionaries in the Phillipines! Anyways, I'm happy. I know that this is just a Christmas miracle, and the most gigantic tender mercy from the Lord, so I am just going to soak it all in. Waah I want to cry, I'm so happy!!
 
Even though the members don't speak Spanish, it really makes no difference. We are still bringing them to every lesson so that they can testify, and the Spirit can be felt. Love and the Spirit are felt much stronger than Spanish is heard. Each of these members wants to do everything they can to help this get going and to find people that we can teach. As far as the mission goes, this is kind of like my Paradise.
 
I love you a lot!
 
Hermana Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment