From the perspective of her friends the Strong's

Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 4, 2013 - I should just send you my journal.

Everything is funnier now that I saw the blog Alice is keeping. Haha. Now that I can see how everything I am saying is being recorded! I will probably put more thought into my words now. I wish I had my journal con migo,
 
Dear all of the best people I know,
 
This week was prettyyy great. Halloween was the funniest day ever. The Mendoza family had the four hermanas over for dinner, and our mission President said, as far as Halloween night goes, "Just be smart about it." Haha, that is his answer for everything. So, because we couldn't tract obviously, or teach lessons that night since people were out, we spent all hallows eve with this family! Also, they live like over an hour away, up into the mountains. It's not even in our misson! So they picked us up, drove up there, he had been talking about a "service project for us", well, he took us into the room to show us what we would be doing....MAKING MASKS!!! Yay! And then the dinner. Oh my goodness. It was outrageous. We ate by candlelight, and were handed a menu with crazy food items: dead man's bones, guts, stuff like that. Anyways, you were only allotted so many utensils, so you had to figure out how to eat everything. For example, Hermana McKinley ate her spaghetti and meatballs with a pie cutter. It was pretty great. Luckily, we still got to do missionary work because their daughter brought her boyfriend who is investigating the church right now. 


Thank you for all of the love! I didn't bring my camera. but I took a pic with me and the 5 letters I got the other night. I love you!
Hermana Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment