From the perspective of her friends the Strong's

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 15, 2013 - Only 6 more days! Sad & Happy!

Ok dear ones,
 
I only have 6 more days here! So unless you live in UT do not send me anything this week :) I won't get it. And that would be sad.
 
OMG about Elder Bennett!!! I was freaking out! I can't BELIEVE we're going to be in the same mission! Hahahaha! It is bizarre enough to have 2 people in the same ward go to the same mission. Even funnier that it is me..and Shideler! Oh it's going to be so much fun! So excited! I can't believe I will preaching the gospel in WA in 6 days!
 
I have to start packing and I said goodbye to the Provo temple today. It's weird, I feel like I am saying goodbye for real now. I'm really leaving home.
 
I understand now why people so often say that letters from home can buoy a missionary up, and bring great encouragement. IT IS THE TRUTH. I don't know which talk it is but find it haha. I'll find it. Every time I reaceive a letter from home, I feel like I'm lifted off the ground, and can easily go and do my hardest for another week. They make all the difference, so from my heart, thank you.
 
Shout out to Mallorie and Julia for the pictures and letters. I have them taped on my closet door. Love you nubidies. My companions say that allll the time now, by the way :)
 
This week has been incredible like always. We had a breakthrough with one of our investigators, that is actually a friend of the teachers, so this has been cool...and really hard, because all of our investigators are people that they had taught on their missions, but this person is just a friend of hers that she wants to share the gospel with.
 
I don't have very much time, because I sat crying over my dad's e-mail and re-reading it haha, and the server is being whack, and keeps logging us out. But we had the privilege of hearing Elder Russell M. Nelson last night, and his wife is who actually shared what was most meaningful to me personally, and I want to share with you what she said. She spoke about ancestors, and told us to pray to be led to people who's ancestors need us. I had never thought of doing that. And then she told us this, (and I can't imagine I am the only one who can benefit from this): Pray for specific ancestors by name to help you. Or, to ask for them by attribute; what do I need help with today?
How               (there is not an adequate word) is that?? To say in your daily prayer, or in a specific situation, "I really need someone who was really great at understanding people to help me through this one." Praying for help by ancestor, and the specifc gifts and qualities they have. It's maybe the most wonderful thing I've ever heard. Don't take my word for it, I will look up the exact wording and e-mail it next p-day.
 
All my love to all,
Hermana Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment