From the perspective of her friends the Strong's

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shared email from our friend Eli

Encouraging words from our family friend Eli helping out Zoe.


From Zoe:
Oh my gosh, HI!
Hahaa I TOTALLY forgot that you served here, I had a freak out just now! Oh my goodness this makes me so happy! Okay so I'm in the Vancouver West stake working in the Spanish Branch right now. There are a lot of really awesome people in this branch, but we need to get the members excited to do missionary work. Kinda hard, when I'm not excited yet either. This is so totally different than what I thought it would be. And I am so different than what I thought I would be. I SUCK as a missionary! I'm obedient and I try hard, and follow the Spirit and stuff, so I'm not the worst. But I just....don't enjjjooy being a missionary. Hahaha. I've come to terms with it. Now I think it's funny. But no one here watched Parks & Rec so they can't understand how I'm April. I don't even know if you know what I'm talking about. All I think of when I think of Eli is Breaking Bad haha. Pres. and Sis. Greer are incredible. I love them to death. Sis. Greer is just about the cutest thing on the planet. She made me stay in for a whole day because she was convinced I had some bug going around...I didn't, haha. Where is Sharon at?? Sharon's Bible? Is that her name? E-mail me back, I freakin' love that you came here, it's trippin me outta my mind!
Have a better day than I will,
Hermana Patton, haha
From Eli:

Hey Zoe where is your first area? How did you like the greers? I'm sure they are very different now than they were when I was there. I served in the following areas: Longview 2nd ward (Longview stake), lacamas creek/harmony wards (vancouver east stake), cascade park (Vancouver stake), union wars (Kennewick east stake), meadows ward (Vancouver north stake) and McKay creek and the Pendleton third ward ysa (walla walla stake).

Adjusting to the mission from the mtc was very hard for me and since you are sharing the mission I served in I feel a special connection because I will understand the dynamics/area a little better than most!

Hit me up when you can, I hope all is well!

From Provo with love,

Eli



 

No comments:

Post a Comment