From the perspective of her friends the Strong's

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 17, 2013 - 15 minutes!

Loved ones,
 
for you are loved :) I am learning and growing. Transfers are 6 weeks, but because of the mission split, this is a 4 week transfer, and we will have another one in 3 weeks, once President Taylor is here. I am in the middle of being trained, though I feel like I am training, bless her heart, she is the sweetest girl. But I am not being trained. Other than by the Lord. So I am welcoming with open arms, my new companion Hermana Kidd. I will be receiving her this Wednesday, and she will also be the Sis.Training leader; basically an Assistant to Pres/zone leader for the sisters. So that will be fun!
 
Things are brighter. Time is all anyone ever needs anyways. Things aren't easier, but I am learning how to be like Jesus Christ. And to sanctify myself and sacrifice my heart. "-which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God." Helaman 3:35
 
The Lord answers my prayers so quickly; heaven and earth aren't so far away from each other.
 
I hope you each know how much I love you, and how grateful I am for you prayers. I feel them, I promise. The whole of my work here thus far has been service. Not teaching. This place is tatally caucasian, and the few people we are teaching most often cancel our appts. But we have touched a lot of hearts, and changed many people's views of Mormons through our service to them. I am just trying to find my purpose here. Oh what a journey this will be.
 
All my love,
Hna. Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment